1. Please ensure both your Senior and Youth squads have a minimum of 20 players. Fine of £2m per player will be charged after Sundays Transfer update. You have been warned!
  2. Please ensure all players in your U21s meet eligibility criteria. Fielding illegible players for the youth team may result in sanctions against the club
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Transfer window is currently Open. Window closes 31st January 2018 at 23:59

Round 22 Reports

Discussion in 'Premier League' started by willz121, Mar 10, 2018.

1. willz121

willz121 Arsenal Staff Member Senior Administrator

Match reports here.
    Ian McNamara likes this.
  2. ryanfield1

ryanfield1 Everton Donator

3. ryanfield1

ryanfield1 Everton Donator

Everton 2 - 2 Wolverhampton Wanderers

Well we knew it wouldn’t be easy but to be honest I think I may have lost us the points today ok we got a point but really we need to be winning games like this yes wolves are a strong side but on paper we’re a lot stronger I went to defensive today and it kind of backfired and we left are best striker on bench and soon as he game on he made instant impact so I apologise to the fans and the squad as I let them down a win here would have been major luckily enough teams below us didn’t get max points either so we’re luckily still in 5th place well done to Aaron in his first match good game pal onto the next game now and hopefully get back to winning .
    Ian McNamara likes this.
  4. Andy

Andy Swindon Town Donator

Liverpool 2 Swindon 1

Well a baptism of fire to play the champions away from home, but I'm happy we gave them a game in their own back yard. Did we do enough to win ? no we were edged out by the best side in the game, those are the facts. But I'm happy enough because we are capable of mixing it with the best, even though we are fighting at the wrong end of the table at the moment. The club is in poor shape to be honest, and will take a while to sort out, but that's my job so bring on the end of season as theirs nothing left but a hard run in left for us in this one. I predicted Liverpool to win the Premier league and that's what they will do I'm sure. Well played @nocky a deserved win, until the next time.

Ian McNamara likes this.
  5. Darren

Darren Crystal Palace

Arsenal 1 - 1 Crystal Palace

The main thing was to avoid defeat today as we knew this would be tougher than many would have thought given the difference in league positions. From our point, we were far from our best today, lacked much up front but solid at the back to keep them out so to leave with a point is a good result. Top four, Id be very surprised to see us hitting that as Spurs are that bit for to catch but we need to secure top six.

Played David.
    Ian McNamara likes this.
  6. Ruggy

Ruggy Tottenham Hotspur

Sheffield Wednesday 0-2 Tottenham Hotspur

Match Statistics
                        Sheffield Wednesday  |    Tottenham Hotspur
    Attempts on Goal     :           7        |       8
    Off target           :           5        |       1
    On target            :           2        |       7
    Possession           :          53        |       47
    Corners              :           2        |       1
    Red Cards            :           0        |       0
    Yellow Cards         :           0        |       2
    Subs Used            :           0        |       3
    Fouls                :           9        |       16
    Key Tackles          :           8        |       6
    Key Passes           :          10        |       10
    Final Score          : Sheffield Wednesday 0 - 2 Tottenham Hotspur
    Another fantastic victory for us and I am delighted to secure three points away from home. When deciding on strategy and formation I had to consider how superior our team was to Wednesday and luckily for us it paid off playing the attacking strategy. The game was 0-0 at Half Time but the boys came out fighting and our first attempt on goal in the second half made it 1-0 through the clinical Emmanuel Adebayor, who has been a fantastic signing for us this season. The second goal came only twelve minutes later when substitute Dimitri Payet came off the bench to double our lead smashing the ball into the bottom corner from a Willian pass.

Our gap between 5th place is exactly what we needed, we are now 6 points clear and favourites to qualify for the Champions League next season. Our next few games are very difficult and two wins should secure our top 4 finish. Good game Rivaldo.
    Ian McNamara likes this.
  7. Ian McNamara

Ian McNamara Chelsea Donator

West-ham 1-3 Chelsea.

As predicted this was a tough game and we had to win the hard way. Mitrovic gave us the lead but then lukazet equalised. However Mitrovic scored a second and around half way threw the second half Costa scored another goal. TO be honest Costa had ten shots and should have had two also really with the amount of chances he created. Mitrovic after a quiet spell is hitting form at the write time and scored his tenth and 11th goal of the season. Him Costa and Solanke have all been fantastic players for us this season as have the whole team. I think catching Liverpool will be hard now as they don't look like losing so the best thing we need to try and do is finish as close to them as possible hold on to second and try winning one or both of our other competitions that we're in. The players are showing huge commitment and if they carry on as they are I am sure that the rest of our season will be reasonably successful. Costa is now 28 rated and at only 30 he's got a few seasons left yet. Mitrovic and Solank are both young and hungry as well so our future is looking bright as a club.